Saturday, September 20, 2008

Blogger Overload...

As I'm sure you have noticed, I haven't blogged anything in almost three weeks. I think I was on "blogger overload". I became so consumed with posting pictures on the blog, checking our blog for comments (which I'd love to have more of...very easy, just click on the comment section, post your comment and click on name or something like that below and put your name in...no password needed!) and checking other people's blogs, that I was just way too distracted and not as productive as I'd like to be during the day. So, I put myself on a somewhat unintentional fast. At first I really didn't have much to blog about, but then as I got further and further away from blogging I realized I needed the break.

So, here I am back again! Hopefully I'm cured (LOL) and will find a better balance now. Here are a few pictures from the past couple of weeks. Enjoy...and let me know what you think! Any of you ever get "blogger overload"?

This is little Trace and Katelyn Hartman with their babysitter Whitney. Whitney is moving to D.C and came by the Hartman's for a visit before she was taking off. We were crossing paths as we were there for dinner and to catch up with a couple of great friends that we don't see enough of. Their kids are wonderful and such a blast to be around!
Dinner out on the patio, very yummy!
Paula and Katelyn. Katelyn is all girl....

...she loves to help Mommy in the kitchen

...and Trace is all boy! He would much rather play with anything "vehicle-like" than do anything else. He makes all the sounds that go with the vehicles too. They are as different as night and day. Such a blessing to their Mom and Dad, who waited a long time for them.
This was dessert...Babka, I believe. I hear I should post a Youtube video of a Seinfeld episode of Babka to get a real understanding for this delightful Russian bread. It's filled with a chocolate something or other....very good!
Kathy and Christy. Monday was Kathy's birthday, so we went to lunch to celebrate. Happy B'day Kathy!!!
Do you see what's in Diesel's mouth? Dental Floss!! He is 10 months old now, but still soooooooo puppy. We have to put the trash cans in the bathrooms up on the toilet or just close the bathroom doors, so that he won't go rooting through them. This was one day this week when we forgot to do that and he came out with this in his mouth....glad to see he is making good use of his "dumpster diving".

Crashed out on a bean bag...just the way we like him...nice and tired!
After many years of being gone from Women Alive Bible Study (the women's study through our church), I'm back! They meet on Wednesday mornings, and when I was knee deep in homeschooling and children's activities, I pulled out. It was one of those things I knew I could pick up later when the kids didn't need me as much at home anymore. Well, that time has come and it's been great to be back. This is the study we are doing. It is a study on the life of David, taught by three great women of the word, Priscilla Shires, Beth Moore and Kay Arthur.

Last night we went to the Fresno Christian football game. Nacoya goes to Fresno Christian so of course she would want to go, but we know some of the boys on the team and wanted to be there to support them as well. We had a blast! We sat with friends and saw other friends whose kids also go to school there. It's not a big school, but the boys played hard and gave it their all. It sort of had that small town feel where everybody knows everybody else and just a lot of fun.
This is their cheer team. Sorry the picture is so dark, need to figure out the flash at night. They were really good! Of course, every time the girls on top (the flyers) would fly down we would sit with baited breath hoping no one would get dropped! No one did and I was impressed that for a small school they have a substantial and skilled cheer team. "Go Eagles!"

Pastor Chad, Michelle, Reese and Cole...they are our youth pastors for the high school group. Chad played quarter back in college and LOVES football, so they were there to cheer the team on as well.

Jen and Dad, sitting back and watching the game...and below is Nacoya. She was ready to go root her team on.

4 comments:

The McCracken family said...

Well hi, Reginia! Blogging goes in spurts, I think. And true, things can become less-than-helpful habits even if they aren't wrong in their essence. We love seeing photos and reading about what's going on -- but, everything in its time and place. Priorities. Ah.

And happy birthday, Kathy!! (do you read these blogs and comments? Do you do a blog yourself?)

Lori

Joanna said...

Yay! Glad you're back!!! It can be an addicting thing, this blog-world. I love to see what you guys have been up to. It helps me feel connected to you even when life is so busy and we don't get a chance to talk much!

Bucci Jones said...

Hi Auntie!!!!! I totally agree with you on the whole comments thing.... no one comments on my blog either. of course, i post less than you do, so Im not surprised. I miss you guys so much! Tell Jen she should start a blog. That'd be so cool. Love you!!

Pecan

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! H


Me and my better half

J & J

Our Marine

Matt and Trin having fun w/ Joshie and Jenna

Kadence and Keaton

Girl power

Gabe and Josh w/ Grandpa

When they were young

About Me

My photo
Wife of 23 years to David, Mom to Josh - 19, Jenna - 17 and Nacoya - 16. Voice teacher, choir director and church choir member. I love the outdoors... ocean and mountains, my family, friends, pretty flowers, quiet mornings and more than all that, Jesus.