Saturday, November 1, 2008

Anniversary Weekend

Tomorrow is our 23rd Wedding Anniversary, but we began the celebration last night by going to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. I sang a few weeks ago for a ladies function and was given a nice gift certificate. We hadn't been to the restaurant since it came to Fresno, only to the one in San Francisco with T & T a few years ago. We remembered it being a wonderful experience, so we thought we would give it a try. We were not disappointed! We had a wonderful dinner in this sort of private alcove of the restaurant with a nice view and a great server. Of course, I didn't remember to take pictures until dessert, but given that we have gone without dessert for almost 40 days, this was a big deal...especially to Dave!!!

This is my dessert...half eaten. It was a brownie, Kahlua cheesecake...divine! As good as it was, I could only eat a few bites, but I have to say it felt really good to be able to stop and say "that was just enough." Dave savored every bite of his. It was the Cheesecake Factory 30th Anniversary special...kind of seemed appropriate. They are celebrating their anniversary and we are celebrating ours.
More of Dave's dessert. I tried it too...very good!
Here we are....
Now this one is random (as my daughter would say), but it's finally raining here!!!! After over 7 or 8 months of no rain, we are celebrating. We are headed off to the cabin for the weekend and hope to get into Yosemite too. We spent half of our honeymoon there. The fall colors are usually wonderful in the mountains by this time, so we are anxious to see it, rain and all. See you at the next post!!!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a happy date! :)

The Parish Clan said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! :-) I hope you enjoy a lovely stay in Yosemite.

Blessings,
Sally


Me and my better half

J & J

Our Marine

Matt and Trin having fun w/ Joshie and Jenna

Kadence and Keaton

Girl power

Gabe and Josh w/ Grandpa

When they were young

About Me

My photo
Wife of 23 years to David, Mom to Josh - 19, Jenna - 17 and Nacoya - 16. Voice teacher, choir director and church choir member. I love the outdoors... ocean and mountains, my family, friends, pretty flowers, quiet mornings and more than all that, Jesus.