Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy B'day Jenna!!!



DAY 2 - Sunday:
These are kind of in reverse...After church today we took Jen and Melissa, who we affectionately call Mildred and Hazel...who knows how that got started....to Red Robin for lunch and then to see Get Smart, which by the way was hilarious.






DAY 1 - Saturday:
My baby girl is 17! We heard our mothers say it, but it just doesn't seem possible. Don't you moms of older kids still have vivid memories of when they were just little tikes? Well, this year was different because her brother wasn't here to celebrate with us, so the three of us took off on Saturday (the actual day of her b'day) to the mountains. We all had the itch to get out of town, so we headed for Sequoia National Park to see Grant's Grove (yes, named after General Grant of the Civil War). Every time I go to either there or Yosemite I am still in awe that these amazing places are practically in our back yard! After we toured the grove we really weren't ready to come home, so we headed over to Hume Lake. What a beautiful place and so relaxing...

























Seeing the BIG Trees












Sitting next to the lake at the meadow
Watching the cute guys play Bocce Ball (Jen of course...I was watching my guy take a nap on the lawn)

Relaxing at Hume Lake













1 comment:

Joanna said...

Oh so fun! Your pics are beautiful! I can't believe Jenna is 17 either! I hope she got our card on time. We were thinking of her yesterday! I'm glad you guys had a great day! Love you!


Me and my better half

J & J

Our Marine

Matt and Trin having fun w/ Joshie and Jenna

Kadence and Keaton

Girl power

Gabe and Josh w/ Grandpa

When they were young

About Me

My photo
Wife of 23 years to David, Mom to Josh - 19, Jenna - 17 and Nacoya - 16. Voice teacher, choir director and church choir member. I love the outdoors... ocean and mountains, my family, friends, pretty flowers, quiet mornings and more than all that, Jesus.