Monday, July 7, 2008

Zucchini....

What does one do when one has lots of zucchini? One makes Zucchini Bread! We are getting more and more of these each day, so Dave pulled out one of his favorite recipes and made some last night....wish I could take the credit, but I can't. He got two loaves out of this one recipe, so I thought I'd post it here for you all in case you want to try it yourself. Don't worry for all you non-vegie types...it's kind of like banana nut bread. You don't taste the zucchini at all.

2 C sugar
3 eggs
3/4 C oil
2 C grated zucchini
3 1/4 C flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. allspice (we used cloves)
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 C chopped nuts (optional)

Combine sugar, eggs and oil. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Grease and flour 2 bread tins. Bake at 325 for 45-60 minutes. YUMMY!!!





This plant is just huge now!!!

3 comments:

Spike N Tuna Jones said...

mail me some bread!

Amanda said...

I'm so jealous you have a garden!

Amanda said...

I understood the zucchini comment, i knew it wasn't a new found remedy for teething. :>)


Me and my better half

J & J

Our Marine

Matt and Trin having fun w/ Joshie and Jenna

Kadence and Keaton

Girl power

Gabe and Josh w/ Grandpa

When they were young

About Me

My photo
Wife of 23 years to David, Mom to Josh - 19, Jenna - 17 and Nacoya - 16. Voice teacher, choir director and church choir member. I love the outdoors... ocean and mountains, my family, friends, pretty flowers, quiet mornings and more than all that, Jesus.