Thursday, July 3, 2008

The View from my Swing


This is our swing on the back porch. It's where I have my quiet time when the weather is good and just generally go to decompress. This is the view from the swing....the state of California may be in a drought and dryer than dry, but fortunately we still have a little green at home.


The Zenia's in the wheel barrow Dave planted from seeds. They grow so well in this warm, o.k. HOT summer climate. I don't recall the name of the daisy like flowers (Kim if you are reading this, you can remind me what they are called), but I think they are pretty. They only bloom once and then no more for a year. I'm tempted to cut them and bring them indoors, but I only get to look at them for such a short time, it seems better to leave them where they are.


Rose's in full bloom


Crape Myrtle Tree

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Oh I love your backyard...it is so peaceful. You have to come out here and give us some lessons. Or at least identify the random things growing in our "herb garden."


Me and my better half

J & J

Our Marine

Matt and Trin having fun w/ Joshie and Jenna

Kadence and Keaton

Girl power

Gabe and Josh w/ Grandpa

When they were young

About Me

My photo
Wife of 23 years to David, Mom to Josh - 19, Jenna - 17 and Nacoya - 16. Voice teacher, choir director and church choir member. I love the outdoors... ocean and mountains, my family, friends, pretty flowers, quiet mornings and more than all that, Jesus.